Michael Harrison Entertainment are currently seeking a Production Assistant to join the team to assist with West End, regional and international productions.
This is a demanding and varied role for a bright individual with a genuine love and passion for musical theatre. A ‘can do’ attitude, flexibility and discretion are all important attributes. An experienced individual with strong administrative skills to support the existing team is desirable.
Based at our busy office in Covent Garden, they will need to be calm and accurate with detailed work. In view of the nature of this position and the broad variety of tasks involved, we envisage the role would be suited to a person who has already gained some experience and confidence of working within the theatre industry.
On offer is an attractive salary with annual review and (after successful completion of a 12 week probation period) 20 days paid holiday per year (rising to 25 after first year). Some evening work may be required from time to time.
The following qualities are essential:
Self-motivated – can work without supervision
Excellent communication skills
Initiative – someone who can take the next step to resolve a situation or problem
An eye for detail
An ability to prioritise a heavy workload and remain calm under pressure
Enthusiastic and helpful attitude
Willingness to ‘muck in’ during busy periods
Keen interest in and working knowledge of musical theatre
Have experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel)
Have good admin support skills
A positive team player
A brief description of work duties:
Providing administrative support across all productions and general office duties. However, the nature of this position is such that daily tasks and duties will be many and varied, these will include:
- Organising travel, transport, accommodation and couriers for creative teams, staff and the company.
- Drafting production staff contracts, in conjunction with the Executive Producer and/or General Manager.
- Securing audition and rehearsal space for productions in a timely fashion and within budget.
- Collating audition material and scripts.
- Updating production contact lists.
- Assisting the Executive Producer and General Manager in receiving correspondence from patrons, associates, creatives and other contacts.
- Managing filing within the office.
- Answering, screening and forwarding telephone calls, maintaining a professional tone.
- Sorting and distributing post.
- Supporting the development of publications and reports. This may include: Proofreading, collecting and collating information from venues.
- Assisting with research, and formatting for presentation and distribution.
- Coordinating the organisation of meetings and diaries. This may include: scheduling and room bookings, arranging appropriate catering, preparation, collation and binding of meeting papers.
- Obtaining programme biographies and photos from creative team and cast members and liaising with programme production companies and/or merchandise supply companies.
- Organising house seats and dealing with requests on all MHE productions.
This description is intended as brief job outline only and is not limited to the above.
2nd Floor, 161 Drury Lane, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 5PN
Tube: Holborn or Covent Garden
Hours of work
10:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday with 1 hour for lunch, time to be advised. The nature of our business is such that reasonable flexibility of these hours will be expected. The role requires some evening work during busy production periods and you may be contacted in emergencies over the weekend.
The Production Assistant will be expected to dress in casual but smart office attire.
Please send a covering letter and CV to the email address below. Closing date for applications is Friday 8th November